This video takes a look at some factors that create microclimates, and the practical nature of understanding microclimates. We look at how the solar aspect and exposure to wind can combine with vegetation that has fire as a part of its’ life cycle to create a potent fire sector.
- Intro to Permaculture: Identifying Microclimates – Video Transcript
- Introdução a Permacultura: Identificando os Microclimas – Tradução Português
- Fire Ecology
- Use Microclimates for Frost Protection by Joel Glanzberg and Ben Haggard
- Factors Affecting Microclimates
- Finding and Creating Microclimates
This brief animated video illustrates how large buildings in cities creates major sun and shade areas. When tall buildings are placed without regard to the movement of the sun, then many other areas can lose out of good solar orientation.
- Intro to Permaculture: Assessing Solar Aspect in UrbanAreas – Video Transcript
- Introdução a Permacultura: Acessando o Aspecto Solar em Áreas Urbanas – Tradução Português